Bug: Federated login email conflict
- I have an account on localhost:8000 with email firstname.lastname@example.org
- I have an account on api.test-paris with email email@example.com
- I go to localhost:8000/auth/login/ to login
- I try to login with my api.test-paris account, by inputting https://api.test-paris.happy-dev.fr/ to the
"Login using another authentification provider"form
- I login to my account
- This line is executed, to create a local copy of the user. It throws an error because of a conflict on email
As I understand OIDC, the point is that the user will have one login across multiple instances. So my questions are:
- am I correct in thinking that in the long-term, this is going to work in a different way? How should federated login work?
- Should anything be done about this now?
@sylvain I think you are probably most-informed to answer this?